Junior Graphic Designer
Description: Slowtide is seeking a Junior Graphic Designer to join our rapidly growing team. This role is perfect for you if you are creative, passionate about your craft and excited to collaborate with our creative team. As a Junior Graphic Designer, you’re great at helping turn ideas into compelling presentations as well as digital and print assets. From working on tech packs to managing all digital assets, you’ll be involved throughout the entire product lifecycle.
What you'll do:
- Support Creative Director as needed on the day to day aspects of the Slowtide design process
- Assist in the completion of all product art in a production ready format
- Rapidly iterate on design concepts - from initial briefing through final delivery
- Manage the cross-functional communication between merchants, production, design and external vendors.
- Set up and maintain design folders in the server at the beginning of each season
- Update existing assets and collateral for DTC, Retail Stores and Wholesale
- Assist in creating graphically engaging sales presentations, design briefs, one-pagers & other literature.
- Ensure work consistently answers the brief in terms of look and feel, accuracy, functionality and brand identity
- Photoshop editing such as clipping path, image masking, photo cut out, photo retouching, image manipulation, drop shadow etc.
Who you are:
- 3-5 years of experience in graphic design
- Compelling portfolio of work over a wide range of creative projects
- Genuine passion for all things design and branding
- Basic Understanding of graphic fundamentals, layouts, color and production
- Familiarity with HTML and CSS preferred
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, InDesign, and other graphic design software
- Excited by a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment—able to take initiative and prioritize under tight timelines
- Excellent eye for detail
You’ll love working at Slowtide because:
Opportunity for growth. Slowtide is a fast-growing startup with lots of opportunities for career development.
Flexibility. We encourage proper work/life balance. While we do work hard and put in a lot of hours, we also believe in the value of having a life outside of the office. Things like a flexible schedule, flexible vacation, and work from home days.
We value people and our team. Company culture is important to us. Things like team off-sites, remote working, volunteering, and happy hours are just a few examples. We probably spend more time with our team than anyone else, so why not have fun together!
Embracing the entrepreneurial spirit. Being a part of a startup means that there’s never a dull moment and that you’ll likely be involved in a lot of opportunities that may fall outside of your typical job description. Whether it be helping with an event or being a part of cross-functional meetings, there are always new things to learn.
Free towels (plus discounts for friends & family)
Slowtide was founded in 2015 by three friends; Kyle Spencer, Dario Phillips and Wylie Von Tempksy. We saw an opportunity to fill a void in a market that we found to be uninspiring and mundane. Our mission is to elevate daily essentials. What started out as a side project and an initial collection of 8 beach towels has quickly evolved into year-round collections of beach and bath towels, blankets, yoga towels, and more. Slowtide can be found in over 1,000 retailers across the globe such as REI, Nordstrom, Urban Outfitters, Madewell, Free People, Zumiez, etc. We have had our products featured in publications like Forbes, GQ, Hypebeast, Harper’s Bazaar, Elle, Outdoor, Conde Nast Traveler and many more We have collaborated with artists and brands like Stussy, Takashi Murakami, Acacia, WSL, Clark Little, Jose Cuervo, and Ace Hotel. Inspired by all bodies of water and our love for art and creative expression, Slowtide is a collaboration of friends who wanted to convey their lifestyle through unique products.
Email resume and portfolio to Jobs@slowtide.co