Sales Manager - New Business Development
The Sales Manager - New Business Development role is responsible for cultivating and growing Slowtide’s corporate partnerships sales channel. Some of our ongoing partnerships include brands like Kith, Vans, Coors, Grateful Dead, WSL, Toyota, Ohana Festival, Sea-Doo, Ace Hotel, MLB and many more. This role will build and maintain strong relationships with existing partnerships along with creating and executing strategic plans to identify new business opportunities.
What You’ll Do
- Manage, support and meet with new and existing partners, begin to build long-term relationships
- Identify new markets and partnerships and implement a targeted sales plan for each. Resorts, music festivals, art galleries, etc.
- Foster and cultivate strong business relationships with buyers through timely follow-up, active listening, partnership-focused communication, best-in-class support, business acumen, integrity, and understanding and relating to their account’s specific needs.
- Anticipate industry trends and apply those insights to create new business opportunities
- Prepare and schedule market appointments with accounts. Travel for key meetings, events, tradeshows, & market reviews.
- Leverage industry and internal relationships to source and develop new partnerships
- Make outside sales calls and handle incoming inquiries
- Create, organize and execute sales and marketing strategy in collaboration with internal and external partners
- Work closely with marketing and design teams to develop sales materials as required
- Plan and attend trade shows and relevant in-person and online industry events
Who You Are
- Communicator: Dynamic, articulate & well-spoken. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including presentation & negotiation skills.
- Organized & Detailed: Ability to focus, prioritize and meet deadlines and help others meet them too.
- Self-Starter: Ability to take something and run with it with little direction needed and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Entrepreneurial: Relentless passion for learning and for constant improvement.
- Strategic: Sets vision and creates long-term goals to achieve it.
- Analytical: Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Compelling: Sales personality with a hunger to chase and close new business
- 5+ years of B2B sales experience.
- Excellent organization, negotiation, communication and presentation skills.
- A competitive spirit for business.
- Desire and ability to work in a results-oriented, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Track record in delivering sales results through creative and strategic selling.
- Startup mentality: scrappy, creative, and constantly iterating to be best-in-class
- Extensive experience selling accessories and more specifically an emerging category will be highly regarded.
- Ability to travel as required to build relationships and meet the needs of our key accounts.
- In-depth understanding of retail math and analytics.
- Strong understanding of Excel, sales analysis, reporting and forecasting.
- Background in action sports, traditional sports, or fashion industry strongly preferred.
- Passion for sales, brand-building, disrupting an age-old industry, and of course...towels!
You’ll love working at Slowtide because:
Opportunity for growth. Slowtide is a fast-growing startup with lots of opportunities for career development.
Flexibility. We encourage proper work/life balance. While we do work hard and put in a lot of hours, we also believe in the value of having a life outside of the workplace. Things like a flexible schedule, flexible time-off policy, and a hybrid remote/in-office schedule.
We value people and our team. Company culture is important to us. Things like team building off-sites, volunteering, and happy hours are just a few examples. We probably spend more time with our team than anyone else, so why not have fun together!
Embracing the entrepreneurial spirit. Being a part of a startup means that there’s never a dull moment and that you’ll likely be involved in a lot of opportunities that may fall outside of your typical job description. Whether it be helping with an event or being a part of cross-functional meetings, there are always new things to learn.
Free towels! (plus discounts for friends & family)