Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Slowtide is looking for a Staff Accountant with extensive Quickbooks Online experience to join the team at HQ. The ideal candidate will have experience in performing bank reconciliations, applying customer and vendor payments, and posting expenses to the proper GLs. Furthermore, this candidate will be driven self starter with 2-3 years of relevant experience and is interested in learning about scaling a fast-paced consumer brand. This role will help implement processes that align with the growth of the company and provide accurate and timely financial information to management. This position is based out of our headquarters in Costa Mesa, California and reports to the founders and CFO.
What you'll do:
- Responsible for managing AP cycle including invoice entry, GL coding, and payment
- Work closely with AR manager via Slack, Email, Phone etc
- Reconcile payment and invoice discrepancies within customer or vendor balances
- Enter other accounting data as requested by the management team
- Match payments and expenses in Quickbooks
- Manage Payroll via ADP
- Monitor and review employee T&E reports
- Identify improvements to streamline the monthly accounting process
- Address documentation requests and inquiries during the annual audit
- Manage the annual 1099 process
- Provide outside accountants with the information necessary to complete required tax quarterly and annual filings
- Manage Amazon Seller Central account reconciliations and sales postings
- BA/BS in Accounting or related degree
- 2-3 years of Quickbooks Online experience
- Detail-oriented and analytical
- Experience with ERP Systems – Blastramp / Shopify experience a plus
- Ability to multitask and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Consumer brand experience preferred
You’ll love working at Slowtide because:
- Opportunity for growth. Slowtide is a fast-growing startup with lots of opportunity for career development.
- Flexibility. We encourage a proper work/life balance. While we do work hard and put in a lot of hours, we also believe in the value of having a life outside of the office. Things like a flexible schedule, flexible vacation policy and work from home days.
- We value people and our team. Company culture is important to us. Things like team off-sites, remote working, volunteering opportunities and happy hours are just a few examples. We probably spend more time with our team than anyone else, so why not have fun together!
- Embracing the entrepreneurial spirit. Being a part of a startup means that there’s never a dull moment and that you’ll likely be involved in a lot of opportunities that may fall outside of your typical job description. Whether it be helping with an event or being a part of cross-functional meetings, there are always new things to learn.
- Free towels (plus discounts for friends & family)
Slowtide was founded in 2015 by three friends; Kyle Spencer, Dario Phillips and Wylie Von Tempksy. We saw an opportunity to fill a void in a market that we found to be uninspiring and mundane. Our mission is to elevate daily essentials. What started out as a side project and an initial collection of 8 beach towels has quickly evolved into year-round collections of beach and bath towels, blankets, yoga towels, ponchos and more. Slowtide can be found in over 1,000 retailers across the globe such as REI, Nordstrom, Urban Outfitters, Madewell, Free People, Zumiez, etc. We have had our products featured in publications like Forbes, GQ, Hypebeast, Harper’s Bazaar, Elle, Outdoor, Conde Nast Traveler and many more We have collaborated with artists and brands like Stussy, Takashi Murakami, Acacia, WSL, Clark Little, Jose Cuervo and Ace Hotel. Inspired by all bodies of water and our love for art and creative expression, Slowtide is a collaboration of friends who wanted to convey their lifestyle through unique products.