Reports to: Supply Chain Senior Manager
Location: Hybrid remote and in-office at our HQ in Costa Mesa, CA
Position/Compensation: Full-time position with base salary, bonus and standard company benefits.
To be considered for this role, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Product Developer position is responsible for managing the product development calendar and leading communication between our Creative team and suppliers to ensure the quality and timely development of prototypes, sales samples, and pre-production samples. The Product Developer will be responsible for the daily communication with multiple vendors as well as an internal liaison with Creative, Demand Planning and Production.
The ideal candidate needs to have demonstrated project management, collaboration, and problem-solving skills in a product development setting. In addition, we are looking for people that are self-starters, quick learners, clear communicators, problem-solver, team players, that exhibit strong leadership skills.
What you'll do:
- Manage the product development calendar, execution of the product, and on-time sample delivery.
- Lead the development process of our seasonal collections, ensuring that high-quality prototypes are created that address desired function, aesthetics, cost and manufacturability. Provide options and recommendations to Creative team to create the best product possible, aligning with Slowtide’s strategies and seasonal vision.
- Lead the development and production process of our Custom/SMU business channel. Executing the vision of the product all the way through to landed production.
- Communicate with internal teams and factories on a regular basis throughout the development process to ensure finished goods meet our planned schedules and quality standards. Creating respectful, symbiotic relationships for combined growth.
- Maintain tracking of seasonal progress, utilizing WIPs, for approvals of all samples (prototypes, photo samples, sales samples, and pre-production samples), trims and fabrics. Ensure all samples are produced accurately and are shipped on time.
- Manage sample comments with vendors
- Ensure samples are visually approved and lead reviews with cross-functional teams to evaluate, and suggests solutions to QC issues at time of salesman samples and Production, and communicate findings to Creative, Sales and Production teams.
- Review, analyze and validate vendor cost information throughout the entire creation process. Negotiate with vendors for the best product cost to achieve the highest cost margin.
- Ensure accurate and timely updates of data management systems (PDM, Cognos, SharePoint) where applicable.
Who you are:
- Demonstrates a professional attitude in regard to communication, teamwork, and ownership of tasks.
- Strong work ethic and willingness to do what is needed to get the job done.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and energetic environment while still being able to prioritize projects and manage time.
- 2-4 years of industry experience in Product Development.
- Experience in Product Development, specifically in consumer product goods and/or textiles is a plus
- Has a competitive spirit for business.
- Effective and prompt communication.
- Strong product analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong multi-tasking, organizational, and time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict timelines, manage multiple tasks simultaneously and work extended hours if necessary.
- Startup mentality: scrappy, creative, and constantly iterating to be best-in-class
- Understanding of supply chain transparency and compliance.
- Experience traveling internationally & domestically to evaluate vendor execution
- Strong computer skills including Word, Excel, Adobe Illustrator
- A passion for creating best-in-class product, brand building and disrupting an age-old industry.
You’ll love working at Slowtide because...
Opportunity for growth. Slowtide is a fast-growing startup with lots of opportunities for career development.
Flexibility. We encourage proper work/life balance. While we do work hard and put in a lot of hours, we also believe in the value of having a life outside of the workplace. Things like a flexible schedule, flexible time-off policy, and a hybrid remote/in-office schedule.
We value people and our team. Company culture is important to us. Things like team-building off-sites, volunteering, and happy hours are just a few examples. We probably spend more time with our team than anyone else, so why not have fun together!
Embracing the entrepreneurial spirit. Being a part of a startup means that there’s never a dull moment and that you’ll likely be involved in a lot of opportunities that may fall outside of your typical job description. Whether it be helping with an event or being a part of cross-functional meetings, there are always new things to learn.
Free towels! (plus discounts for friends & family)